Wednesday, May 5, 2010

walking woodcut

one of my final projects for my printmaking class is to make a two different prints with the same theme, each with an edition of four (eight total). i decided to make my theme 'animation' since that is my focus in school and i thought it would be interesting to try and combine printmaking with my major.

it all started with a piece of wood. i then created a grid on the block and drew a human walk cycle. all the space on the print that is white was carved away and i pulled four prints using the green color. after cleaning the block, i carved away the parts of the block where you see green showing up on the print and pulled four prints using the very dark purple (which just shows up as black on the computer screen).

i let the print dry for a while then captured it digitally, created cropped layers in photoshop, and then compiled everything in after effects. here is the final result:

No comments:

Post a Comment